The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar" - Line: 14 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 14 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 43 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 43 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $langinfo - Line: 212 - File: inc/class_language.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_language.php 212 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 MyLanguage->get_languages
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 212 - File: inc/class_language.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_language.php 212 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 MyLanguage->get_languages
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(254) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(254) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 254 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 167 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

VGDC FORUMS
Rock Band 4 - Printable Version

+- VGDC FORUMS (http://videogamedc.com/bb)
+-- Forum: Welcome to VGDC Forums. (http://videogamedc.com/bb/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (http://videogamedc.com/bb/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Rock Band 4 (/thread-57.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Rock Band 4 - CNS - 11-15-2015

Heh, realized you just contradicted yourself eh?

Anyway, taste in music is variable, subjective, and tends to change over time. While I won't listen to certain bands or songs anymore, I recognize when I did like them, otherwise known as nostalgia. Which is why I have the Limp Bizkit tracks in Rock Band. None of which are my favorite from that time period, but nostalgia.

Some music seems to stand the test of time, but that's all a matter of who you ask.

RE: Rock Band 4 - Ghenry - 11-16-2015

New DLC tomorrow! This time, it's hits from the '10s!

-Sing by Ed Sheeran
-Young Blood by Saint Raymond*
-Riptide by Vance Joy
-Shut up and Dance by Walk the Moon

*-The song is only available (for free) if you buy Sing. So, you're basically paying 2 bucks for 2 songs.

Not a fan of Sing by Ed Sheeran, but I want Young Blood so I guess I'm buying that too lmao

Also, finally Walk the Moon gets on Rock Band. Although I would have much rather receive something from their previous album. Still, it's not a bad song.

Also a few notes by the Harmonix CEO;

-More news on standalone guitars for RB4 later this month. They already said it's going to be early 2016, but perhaps a specific date?
-Big news is coming this week. Possibly about the older disc exports before RB3.

One last thing, forgot to post this here before. There's a promotion Harmonix is doing with Scruff! Which is a dating app . . . for gay guys . . . hairy ones.

Anyway, normally you're suppose to make a profile on the app and then RSVP for some RB event, but you can skip all that! Just go here;

http://www.rockband4.com/scruff

Once you provide the email, they'll send you a code to a free song! I already forgot what it was, but freeeeeee!

(11-09-2015, 03:48 PM)WeaponTheory Wrote: Good song is good song, no need to make excuses.

That's the thing. It's not a good song lol. Ever since I finished highschool, I never listened to Linkin Park in my own leisure because that shit doesn't sound good anymore. For nostalgia with some old friends playing Rock Band together, yeah.

RE: Rock Band 4 - Disk - 11-19-2015

December updates revealed:
http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rb4-dec-update-ongoing-updates/

EDIT:
(On mobile..)

Quote:Hey gang!

First off, THANK YOU for your interest in Rock Band 4 – getting the game to market took every ounce of effort that we could muster and we really appreciate all the support and feedback we’ve received from the community. Bringing the franchise to the new consoles meant a complete re-architecture of our engine and, along with the work it took to support last gen’s DLC and instruments, this was an enormous effort for us. However, our plan has always been to provide continual updates post launch, and from the moment we launched on October 6th, we have had our team hard at work developing new features. We’ve been quiet about the details, UNTIL NOW! I am wicked excited to unveil the feature set for the 12/8 update:

FEATURES:
Score challenge features – This is a whole suite of features that is designed to leverage the competitive heart of the game:
In-game notifications of leaderboard events: Find out at the moment you pass a friend’s score with an all-new in-song indicator.
Activity feed: This is a main menu log of your leaderboard events and that also allows you to quickly jump to a track to regain your dominance.
Taunt system from the results screen: Let your friends know you beat their score by sending them a selectable randomized Taunt message. This taunt will appear in his or her Activity Feed.

Improved Calibration – thanks to your feedback, we’ve implemented some significant improvements. PLEASE NOTE that these changes require you to recalibrate.

Variable Breakneck Speed – One of the most requested features from the hardcore competitive community, Variable Breakneck Speed will allow players to individually set the Breakneck Speed of their tracks for the first time in a Rock Band title – up to 2.5X this time!

Full Combo Recognition & Indicator – The “Full Combo” (a perfect streak, no notes missed or additional strums/hits from start to finish) is one of the competitive player’s greatest achievements. Rock Band games haven’t kept track of this impressive feat in the past, and that all changes with this update. The game will now celebrate and track your FC success, and a subtle new in-song indicator will allow you to know if you’re still on track for an FC or if you’ve broken your streak. We also now indicate FC runs on the leaderboards.

More Song Results details – leaderboard info, plus detailed gameplay statistics will now be shown on the song results screen.

Player Stats – Want to know where you stack against your friends online? Access this new Player Stats screen from anywhere in the game to get a detailed overview of your complete Rock Band gameplay statistics, including cumulative scores, stars, and more.

New Items in the Rock Shop – we’ve got a handful of new assets in the Rock Shop, including one that celebrates a recent (and very awesome) game launch from a studio that we love.

Auto-kick mode – One of the most requested Accessibility features, this toggle will allow you to play drum parts by hitting the drum pads only while we automatically hit kick drum notes. This will be available as a toggle in the Options menu.

BUG FIXES:

Packs and Albums in the XB1 in-game store are back in the store and contain content.

Fix to prevent hitches for PlayStation 4 players with 2000 Friends.

Leaderboards no longer mix player scores and percentages from different performances and instead show only the info for the single performance with the highest score.

Game no longer crashes when the vocalist joins a song that doesn’t have a vocal part.

Band History stats now list the correct total number of Rock Shop items.
Improvements to microphone lag.

Improvements to tambourine hit sensitivity.

Adjustments to track transparency.

We’ve still got a few surprises in store, including a new gameplay mode that we’re really psyched about. We’ll be telling you about it as we get closer to December 8th.

With the details on our first major update out of the way, here’s some insight into our long-term plans:

We are planning for monthly updates of varying sizes – some of these updates will contain bug fixes and performance improvements, others will include new features.

Our backlog is comprised of:

Features brand new to the Rock Band platform.

Features that have appeared in previous Rock Band games

Stability improvements.

We are paying VERY close attention to the feedback from our community channels (the Rock Band forums, social media, etc.). Please continue to tell us what you care about! What do you like? What do you NOT like? What’s missing? We’re listening – your comments impact our priorities in a major way.
We’re working on some tools to provide visibility into our long-term development plans. We want to keep you informed about what we’re up to!
At Harmonix, we have never offered this kind of visibility into our future development plans before. We’re doing it because we want you to be informed and help us make good decisions about how we prioritize our work. We ask that you please understand that the development process isn’t entirely smooth – sometimes features get delayed or pulled based on testing, performance, first party delays, etc. Because we’re developing this stuff live, we may not always be able to give an exact date for a feature or bug fix. However, we CAN keep you informed about what we’re working on, how things are going and when we hope to deliver.

We’re really excited about this December update, not only because we think these features add a lot to the Rock Band 4 experience, but because it’s the first of many updates in our ongoing efforts to make Rock Band 4 even more fun for all of you. Stay in touch and we’ll do the same!

-Daniel

RE: Rock Band 4 - Ghenry - 11-19-2015

Thanks, I forgot to post this.

Auto-kick pedal? My female RB friends are going to celebrate that! lmao just about all of them can't fathom it.

Sounds like I might finally get back the two pack-exclusive songs from the Ozzy track (Bark at the Moon and Mama, I'm Comin' Home) and, quite possibly, Blood Sugar Sex Magik? That'd be incredible, but I don't wanna get my hopes up too high.

RE: Rock Band 4 - Disk - 11-19-2015

This is going to be Delicious. Bison

RE: Rock Band 4 - CNS - 11-20-2015

Xbox is back. Hard drive completely wiped and have to reinstall EVERYTHING. Remember that time I installed RB 4 and all available DLC (plus some new tracks...BABYMETAL)? Yeah...I get to do that all over again. Good thing I really didn't do anything (thank Destiny for that), because any return of skill would've been wasted by the 3 week wait to get back to it.

Here's the thing though. With 2 boxes, it'd make sense to install and download everything on both of them so I have access to them whether I'm upstairs or downstairs. However, that also means constantly syncing the controllers to whichever box I want to connect to. Not to mention hauling the drums up and down stairs. Never minding the fact that in my downstairs game room, it's easier to drum since I use a chair, whereas upstairs...it's a sofa with recliner. Maybe guitar, but if we ever get online play, I'd rather play on the box with a wired connection (downstairs) than the one with the wireless connection (upstairs). Mainly because we obviously don't know if the game would run with servers or P2P. And if P2P, it'd be murder on a wireless connection (even with a wi-fi extender, as I found out trying to play Destiny over a wireless connection [numerous disconnects and party/game kicks]). So yeah, at the moment, I think I have a good way to go about it for now. Destiny and Rock Band 4 for downstairs play time due to having a wired connection, and Halo 5 and Rise of the Tomb Raider upstairs because 1.) Halo 5 uses dedicated servers and everything works fine over wireless and 2.) Tomb Raider is a single player game and I have no intentions of doing the online challenge mode stuff.

Good idea? I think so.

RE: Rock Band 4 - Ghenry - 11-23-2015

Aaaand Rock Band continues to flex another band GH had such strong clutches on back in the 7th generation, but are now more available. Coming tomorrow is a 6-song pack of Van Halen! The songs are;

-And the Cradle Will Rock
-Ain't Talkin' About Love
-Dance the Night Away
-Hot For Teacher (Oh boy, who's ready to kill themselves with that drum charting?!)
-Runnin' With the Devil
-Unchained

Huh. I know more Van Halen songs than I realized.

Anyway, with this pack, that's 7 Van Halen songs in RB4. All of these were featured in the Van Halen centric game as well.

https://www.facebook.com/RockBand/photos/a.423394760208.186533.19744285208/10153869503500209/?type=3

Standalone guitar is now for sale at retail stores. And 100 god damn dollars.

RE: Rock Band 4 - Ghenry - 11-25-2015

Okay, so excuse the double-post, but there's more news as of recently! Including a tip to get 5 brand new songs for free!

-Idunno if you guys saw in my edited post above, but standalone guitars can now be ordered through retail outlets. They're $100 each.
-A brand new outfit is confirmed with the December update! Disk, I know you're gonna love it.
-While the RB3 export is still set for the December update, according to the official RB Twitter, All the exports before RB3 won't be arriving until 2016. Kind of a bummer, but whatever.
-Speaking of getting songs back, supposedly the RB3 pre-order bonuses are showing up as free for some people on Xbone for RB4. It must be sporadic, because I still can't get them.
-So there's brand new DLC that has come out along with the VH pack. It's 5 recent Alternative/Indie hits. You can also get them for free, with a little finesse. These are the songs;
*Dreams by Beck (finally, after 7 fucking years, we get another Beck song. And it's a pretty good one too)
*Electric Love by Borns
*Cocoon by Catfish and the Bottlemen
*First by Cold War Kids
*Renegades by X Ambassadors
More likely than not, these will be next week's DLC update, as these songs are currently not available in the store.
BUT I mentioned that you can get them right now for free, yes? Well, Gamestop's Black Friday deals include the Rock Band 4 bundles. Purchasing it grants you a free code for these 5 songs. So, if you guys want the songs for no charge, you can do one of two things;
+Assuming the method of bonus codes on receipts haven't changed, you can ask one of the clerks to print you out a code. If you're cool with any of them, they'll probably do it for you no problem. Or you can just lie, say you bought the bundle today or whatever, and then they'll print you a new one.
+Buy one of the bundles, use the code printed on the receipt, and then return it. Get all your cash back. This is what I just did, and they were none the wiser! Hehehehehhh . . .
You guys have until Sunday to do this, that's how long this deal is going.

Target also has a band bundle, which is on sale for $200. The instruments come in red too! Neato. Along with that, they said it comes with a code for 30 free songs. But it's most likely just the pre-order songs from when the game first released. If not, I'm going to pull the same shit with them.

RE: Rock Band 4 - CNS - 11-25-2015

Yep...still waiting on DLC that sits well with me. Which is fine, I know Harmonix can deliver.

RE: Rock Band 4 - Ghenry - 12-02-2015

So, as expected, that Gamestop Black Friday pack was this week's DLC release. But, I'm afraid there's a bit of grave news.

Some more songs are being REMOVED from the DLC shop.

For some reason, I thought we wouldn't have to worry about this since RB is back in business. Licensing must be a tricky bitch when it comes to music, or at least a pricey one. Anyway, I picked up Strum & Drang, because that shit just sounds awesome.

If you guys were considering any of these tracks, now is the time to get them!

Also, big update next week and RB3 export! Wooooooooooooooooo