The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar" - Line: 14 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 14 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 43 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 43 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $langinfo - Line: 212 - File: inc/class_language.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_language.php 212 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 MyLanguage->get_languages
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 212 - File: inc/class_language.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_language.php 212 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 MyLanguage->get_languages
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 167 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

VGDC FORUMS
VGDC: The Old Layout [Circa 2000 to 2002 (Or Whenever It Was Changed)] - Printable Version

+- VGDC FORUMS (http://videogamedc.com/bb)
+-- Forum: Welcome to VGDC Forums. (http://videogamedc.com/bb/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://videogamedc.com/bb/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: VGDC: The Old Layout [Circa 2000 to 2002 (Or Whenever It Was Changed)] (/thread-324.html)

VGDC: The Old Layout [Circa 2000 to 2002 (Or Whenever It Was Changed)] - Destroyer X - 11-11-2016

First of all, I'm so glad that the forums are still up Smile

Anyway, I don't remember how I ran into Video Game Director's Cuts, but I enjoyed the sprite animations that Randy made.

Back when he used a Flash-based layout, the audio clip that he used for the Movies section has always intrigued me, and I never knew what it was from.  I asked Randy about it once long after the site was converted to a mostly HTML-based layout, but I don't think he remembered.

However, thanks to the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, I was able to find several snapshots of the old layout, and to my shock, they even had the old .swf file.

I posted on Facebook to see if anyone recognized it, and one my friends said that it was a remix of the theme song and overworld theme to The Legend of Zelda.

That brought me a lot closer to figuring out what the title of the remix is and the artist Smile

I couldn't find anything on OverClocked ReMix, so I figured that I would ask on Newgrounds and on the VGDC forum.

I included the URL to the .swf below and a picture for reference.

If anyone happens to know the title of the remix and the artist, please let me know.  I would greatly appreciate it Smile

[Image: ngbbs582632920d820.png]

http://web.archive.org/web/20010615124504oe_/http://www.videogamedc.com/Movies/NEWMOVIES.swf

RE: VGDC: The Old Layout [Circa 2000 to 2002 (Or Whenever It Was Changed)] - WeaponTheory - 11-11-2016

OverClocked Remix. Oh man, I forgot all about that site. I should make a few things and whore myself there some day.

What year was that layout?

RE: VGDC: The Old Layout [Circa 2000 to 2002 (Or Whenever It Was Changed)] - Destroyer X - 11-11-2016

Until today, I haven't been there in years either.

For some reason, I was in the mood to track down the titles of old songs from Flash cartoons that I used to watch.

LegendaryFrog responded to something I posted on Twitter regarding one of the songs that he used in The Matrix Still Has You, and I was finally able to find that particular song (the song in question is "I'm Not Driving Anymore (Instrumental)" by Rob Dougan).

I figured that there's always a chance that I might get lucky and uncover the mystery of this song.

I might try to reach out to Rob Foor at Razoric.com and see if he recognizes it.

RE: VGDC: The Old Layout [Circa 2000 to 2002 (Or Whenever It Was Changed)] - Destroyer X - 11-11-2016

Also, it looks like Randy changed the Website layout to HTML back in early 2003 (it looks like the last Archive.org snapshot for the November 2002 period shows that he still had the Flash layout).

RE: VGDC: The Old Layout [Circa 2000 to 2002 (Or Whenever It Was Changed)] - Dangerous_D - 11-11-2016

(11-11-2016, 05:35 PM)Destroyer X Wrote: First of all, I'm so glad that the forums are still up Smile

Anyway, I don't remember how I ran into Video Game Director's Cuts, but I enjoyed the sprite animations that Randy made.

Back when he used a Flash-based layout, the audio clip that he used for the Movies section has always intrigued me, and I never knew what it was from.  I asked Randy about it once long after the site was converted to a mostly HTML-based layout, but I don't think he remembered.

However, thanks to the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, I was able to find several snapshots of the old layout, and to my shock, they even had the old .swf file.

I posted on Facebook to see if anyone recognized it, and one my friends said that it was a remix of the theme song and overworld theme to The Legend of Zelda.

That brought me a lot closer to figuring out what the title of the remix is and the artist Smile

I couldn't find anything on OverClocked ReMix, so I figured that I would ask on Newgrounds and on the VGDC forum.

I included the URL to the .swf below and a picture for reference.

If anyone happens to know the title of the remix and the artist, please let me know.  I would greatly appreciate it Smile

[Image: ngbbs582632920d820.png]

http://web.archive.org/web/20010615124504oe_/http://www.videogamedc.com/Movies/NEWMOVIES.swf

I remember originally when I met him on Newgrounds back in 2001, he had a loop of Castles in the sky by Ian Van Dahl on the main page back in 2001-2002